Are you about to make a hotel booking online for the first time? Or do you simply want to find cheaper prices and more options? Then this easy to follow step by step guide is for you!
1. Get some idea of where you want to go. Think about where, when and for how long you would like to travel. It´s certainly an advantage if you are flexible on dates or on destination. If you are you increase the possibility of finding great rates.
2. Check out various hotel providers.When you have a plan it´s time to compare the hotel options available. We recommend that you use at least two sites when you search for your hotel to make sure that you find the best accomodation at the best price. Hotels and Booking are two leading sites that we recommend. Read more about our recommended sites by clicking here.
3. Use your preferences. Make sure that you search on all options that are within you travel preferences. If you are flexible on dates, try different dates. If you are flexible on destination, try different destinations. You can also do more advanced searches and filter away options with bad star or guest rating. Or you could require a certain accommodation type or preferable amenities. The options are many!!
4. Have a closer look. At this stage you have probably found at least a few tempting options. Before you take a final decision we recommend you to have a closer look. Especially reviews from other guests are useful. All hotels have some bad reviews, but if there are too many you need to watch out. Also use the opportunity to compare your options in a so called map view instead of in the often on beforehand chosen list view. That way it will be easier for you to see which option that has the best location for you.
5. Make your reservation. If you have found a deal you are happy with, it´s time to go ahead and purchase the ticket. Follow the instructions given by the seller of the ticket and make sure that you read any details carefully.
6. Enjoy your stay!