Capitol Reef National Park year after year surprises visitors with how beautiful it is. Still natural beauty is far from everything here. In Capitol Reef you can apart from enjoying the scenic views also indulge in staggering history in Fruita Historic District. But where to stay near Capitol Reef National Park to best experience all it has to offer?
The best option for visiting Capitol Reef National Park is to stay in the town of Torrey that sits just a short drive away from the park.
Sorry about the disclaimer. We just want to let you know that this site can exist thanks to compensation received from advertising and affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Staying in Torrey
Torrey in the center of Southern Utah is the optimal location for exploring Capitol Reef National Park.
From the center of the small town of Torrey it’s only 11 miles (18 km) east to Capitol Reef National Park Visitor Center. The 15-minute drive not only takes you from your accommodation to the visitor center, but also to Fruita.
Fruita is generally accepted as the heart of Capitol Reef National Park. In the heart of the park you can explore Fruita Historic District. Be amazed by the fruit orchards that used to be the area’s main source of income and be sure to check out the old school building that feels even older than it really is.
In Torrey you have all the accommodation options you need for your stay at Capitol Reef National Park. Popular Capitol Reef hotels have great facilities including swimming pool and hot tub. It’s a very small town but it delivers the places to stay for a comfortable stay in the Utah desert.
All in all, Torrey is the best place for where to stay near Capitol Reef National Park. It has the best accessibility and all the Capitol Reef hotel options you need for a perfect time in the Utah mighty 5 park.
- Driving distance: ≈ 11 miles (18 km)
- Driving time: ≈ 15 minutes
- Stay here for: Best access to Capitol Reef National Park.
Popular hotels in Torrey
Torrey is a very small town but it has all the accommodation options you need for a great Capitol Reef visit. You find popular hotels in Torrey where you comfortably can stay near Capitol Reef National Park below.
- Red Sands Hotel. This Capitol Reef hotel is conveniently situated and has all the facilities you need for a relaxing Utah stay. At the hotel you can take advantage of the swimming pool, hot tub and even its own stargazing deck.
- Broken Spur Inn & Steakhouse. Guests keep coming back to Broken Spur Inn for its comfortable rooms in the beautiful surroundings near Capitol Reef National Park. And the Capitol Reef hotel has both swimming pool and hot tub if you want some quality time off the park.
- Capitol Reef Resort. At Capitol Reef Resort you really stay at the doorstep to Capitol Reef National Park. Capitol Reef Resort sits so near the park entrance that it feels like you stay in Capitol Reef National Park. And of course Capitol Reef Resort has the amenities you need to fully recharge including swimming pool and hot tub.
These hotels recommended for where to stay near Capitol Reef National Park constantly receive good reviews by their customers. Click on a hotel for more information or use the booking tool further down to see all Capitol Reef hotels.
Find a hotel in Torrey
Use the booking tool below to find the perfect accommodation for your stay near Capitol Reef National Park. Browse the map for options in various areas, or click on the search button to get all Capitol Reef hotels listed.
Where to stay near Capitol Reef National Park FAQ
Here you find the answers to some frequently asked questions about where to stay near Capitol Reef National Park, Utah.
Torrey is the town that sits nearest Capitol Reef National Park. A bit further away you find the towns Teasdale and Bicknell.
Torrey is on the way between Bryce Canyon and Capitol Reef, which makes it a great option for where to stay between the two. If you rather stay near the former you could also try the Bryce area.